The newest additions to Fort Phoenix are the two cannons mounted on field carriages. The barrels of these guns may have been at Fort Phoenix during the War of 1812, but that cannot be documented. The barrels, thought to be 4-pounders, are on permanent loan to the Town of Fairhaven from the New Bedford Whaling Museum.
The carriages were built by Fairhaven Historical Commission member Charles Cromwell, who also served as the first commander of the Fairhaven Village Militia. They were mounted at the fort in June 2009.